800-518-4009 201 SW Port Saint Lucie Blvd., Ste #206 Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
What is Durable Medical Equipment (DME)?

Durable medical equipment is any medical equipment used to aid in a better quality of life. DME is used to provide additional support and care to patients generally outside of the hospital environment and is designed to support both temporary and permanent conditions.

What should I do before I call to order medical equipment?

Please ensure you have all your insurance information available when you call (Medicare or private insurance). Depending on your purchase, we may also require a “Letter of Medical Necessity”, and a “Doctor’s Prescription” completed by a qualified physician with accompanying documentation if necessary.

How do I order additional products?

As a valued patient of AYMS, we will assist you in obtaining the proper documentation necessary to determine eligibility for additional orthotics.

How often can I order orthotic equipment?

Eligibility for orthotic equipment will vary based on the type of equipment required. Please contact us to determine eligibility under your insurance plan.

Will AYMS ship product?

Yes, we deliver UPS ground service to your door at no cost. AYMS will deliver your product within 5-7 business days. If we are unable to deliver, we will contact you, and your physician, with an explanation of the delay and confirm a new delivery date. We will supply you with tracking information and approximate delivery date upon request.

Are all your products covered by Medicare and/or private insurance?

All our products can be submitted for potential reimbursement by Medicare and/or private insurance when accompanied with the necessary documentation. Ultimately, approval will be determined by Medicare and/or your private insurance provider.

AYMS will work with you to ensure all appropriate documentation is completed before submitting your claim on your behalf.

Who pays for the equipment?

Upon receipt of the necessary documentation, AYMS will file a claim with your insurance provider who will determine your eligibility and/or approval of your claim.

Claims filed and approved by Medicare cover up to 80% of product cost (less any deductible). The remaining 20% is potentially paid by your secondary provider, if you have secondary coverage. Ultimately, you are responsible for the 20%.

Private insurance programs and benefits vary and are specific to each individual plan. Reimbursements are dependent on the type of program, deductibles and eligibility.

I have questions about billing for my medical equipment and supplies. Who should I contact?

You may contact us anytime during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST). Call 800-518-4009 and ask for the Billing Specialist, or you may leave a message and one of our billing specialists will return your call within 24 hours.

I need further instruction in the operation of my medical equipment. Do you provide this?

Yes, our trained specialists are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm EST. Please call 800-518-4009 if you have any questions.

My equipment is not functioning properly. What should I do?

AYMS products are covered by a 1-year warranty. If the equipment fails to function within the warranty period, we will replace the equipment at no additional charge. Please call 800-518-4009.